Monday 29 July 2013

On the Move

Aside from weight loss, one of the other major aspects of my life I was looking to change was my living and working arrangements. I was still living in the same house that I remembered moving into as a child and I was working in a job that while easy and enjoyable due to my colleagues, wasn't really going anywhere. So, I gave my notice, packed up my entire life and moved almost 100 miles away from home to live with some of my friends. Now, that was a massive step for me. I've never been outgoing or a risk taker (largely due to confidence issues born out of being overweight), but after getting my weight loss under control, I realised that I can push myself to achieve greater results in other areas of my life.
That said, I am the same person and I do have fears and worries that moving away from home won't work out and that I won't get a good job, that the weight will pile back on etc... however, I am determined to see this through. I have shown myself that I can lose weight, it's been hard work, but I can do it. So, I want to apply that notion to every other aspect of my life. I know how to work hard and I know that in time, the results will come. Keeping the weight off whilst living on my own and facing new challenges will be tough but after weighing myself this morning to find that I have dropped a couple of pounds this week has given me all the encouragement I need to go out there and have an amazing week!
We all want to make changes and I will be the first to admit that I was always the kind of person that took a backseat and didn't chase the things I really wanted. But it is important to remember that change is a good thing, it renews us and helps us to grown and realise unfound potential within ourselves. It's been an exciting 2013 so far and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment